This weekend promises much cooler weather in the hill country as forecasts call for temperatures in the 50s. This first weekend in October 2012 is a great time to get out and enjoy some of these festivals. Click on the blue heading of each event for more information.
- Gruene Music And Wine Fest, Oct 4-7- Gruene is in the middle of a 4 day weekend featuring wine, beer, food, live entertainment, and a guitar auction. Call 830-629-5077 for more info.
- Ladies State Chili Championship Of Texas, Oct 5 & 6-, Blanco. Annual event with free admission.
- State Championship B-B-Q Cookoff, Leander, Oct 5 & 6- Bar-B-Q at it’s finest in Leander this weekend.
- Fall On The Frio and Cook-Off, Concan, Oct 5 & 6- Cook-offs and live music.
- OKTOBERFEST. Fredericksburg, Oct 5, 6, & & 7- The grandaddy of all October Fests in Texas is happening this weekend in Fredericksburg. If you’ve seen the rest, you need to see the best. Call 830-997-4810 or 866-839-3378 for more information.
- FALL LAVENDER TRAIL, Johnson City Area, Oct 6th- This area abounds with lavender fields and many join in this annual celebration.